Childbirth is life-changing and is perhaps one of the most formative times in a woman's life. The choice to hire a doula is a choice grounded in research--women who go through childbirth with uninterrupted support from a doula have been shown to have shorter labors, fewer unplanned Cesarean sections, fewer need for pain medications, and more satisfying feelings about their births.
Our childbirth doulas are well-versed in helping you relax and focus by creating a customized environment. Because we are not healthcare providers, we are free to tend to your non-medical needs, like comfort measures and emotional well-being, so that you can be as comfortable and confident during your birth as possible.
Childbirth support services are comprehensive and, regardless of when you sign your contract with us, our services include:
- 1 prenatal visit at your home, during which we review your vision and preferences for childbirth
- On-call support from the day you sign your contract, meaning your doula is available to you 24/7, by phone & email
- Continuous support for the entirety of your labor & delivery
- 2 hours immediate postpartum support after the birth of your baby
- 1 postpartum visit at your home, within 10 days of the baby's birth
For first-time parents and experienced parents alike, Bergen County Doulas will help you navigate through the new world of childbirth, as the adventure is different each time.